Taking The Sweat Out Of A Low-Cal Breakfast
It is often said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is more than just another cliché – and certainly true when following a low-calorie diet with a focus on losing weight.
In fact, especially when referring to weight loss, there are many more reasons to eat breakfast than there are to give it a skip. Important to note too is that breakfast in many ways sets the tone for the rest of your eating day and it isn’t just a trend, it’s a lifetime goal you need to set. If you really think about it, the decision of what to have for breakfast is your very first diet decision of every day – which is all the more reason to get it right with a balanced meal.
Arguments In Favour Of Breakfast
Many people don’t eat breakfast simply because they’ve never cultivated the habit. If the idea of breakfast doesn’t really appeal to you, any one of the following reasons should be enough to prompt you to at least give it a try:
- Breakfast is an excellent waker-upper of the metabolism. It’s a meal that essentially sets your capacity to burn calories into motion. The best time for getting your metabolism off to a great working start is shortly after you wake up in the morning.
- The first meal of the day is an important source of energy. This is because breakfast boosts your blood sugar levels – thereby providing you with sufficient energy levels in order to make it effortlessly through the remainder of the morning.
- Breakfast helps you stay focused. We could all do with more focus and motivation for getting things done. Breakfast is a great ally on the focus front.
- Enjoying an early-morning meal is just about the best opportunity for filling up on protein, vitamin C, calcium, fiber, and vitamin D. Skipping breakfast altogether means putting yourself at risk from a good physical health point of view.
- Breakfast has been shown to lower bad cholesterol levels – thereby lowering the risk of developing heart- and cardiovascular diseases.
Ideas For Getting You Started
Many people choose to skip breakfast due to a lack of ideas in terms of what to eat.
Below are some great low-calorie breakfast options for a decent meal on the run:
- Two hard-boiled eggs of a decent size.
- An individually packed serial box (preferably wholegrain and sugar-free) combined with a small carton of low-fat/skim milk or plant based milk substitute.
- A single portion helping of pre-packed cheese.
- A cereal bar not exceeding 150 calories.
- A helping of granola and yoghurt not exceeding 200 calories.
- A low-fat yoghurt smoothy – preferably prepared at home.
- A small cinnamon and raisin bagel.
Great Ideas For Breakfast Smoothies
Many people prefer drinking a healthy breakfast over eating one. Smoothies are great alternative to solid breakfast food.
Below a list of our favourite breakfast smoothie ideas that you can sip on while you casino slots online Brasil :
- Tropical fruit smoothie. Combine papaya, banana, pineapple, a cup of fat-free yoghurt, and 6 ice cubes with about ½ teaspoon of dried mint for a wonderful sugar-free tropical fruit drinkable breakfast-on-the-run.
- A blissful berry smoothie. Blend together handfuls of the following: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Add to this 2 cups of skim milk, a tablespoon of sweetener, and a pinch of ground nutmeg for the perfect berry breakfast smoothie.